Central West Ballet is based in Modesto, California, and is a Resident Company at the prestigious Gallo Center for the Arts. Founded in 1987, the company, currently under the leadership of Artistic Director René Daveluy and Ballet Mistress Leslie Ann Larson, professional dancers with long careers and experience. In 2010, the organization moved into spacious studio and office spaces on Pentecost Drive, North Modesto. The company has a balanced operating budget of $575.000. The company is complemented by the Central West Ballet Academy, under the direction of Leslie Ann Larson, and offers a full curriculum of classes from age 2 to adult, as well as home school options. Central West Ballet II (CWB II) was added in 2015 as a training ground with increased performance experience opportunities for serious dance students.
Central West Ballet is known for its high quality productions and versatile repertoire which covers classical, contemporary and popular entertainment styles. The company performs 3 to 4 productions during a season spanning from October to April, including a two week run of The Nutcracker. Additional performances and events may include local tours, fundraising, grant related events and outreach programs. Under Artistic Director René Daveluy, the company of 25 to 30 dancers have performed numerous works by Mr. Daveluy, including full-length ballets such as Romeo and Juliet, Cinderella, Swan Lake, Giselle, The Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Legend of Sleepy Hollow, as well as works by internationally known choreographers such as Val Caniparoli and George Balanchine.
Central West Ballet’s mission is to provide artistically excellent programming to diverse audiences in its home city of Modesto and California’s Central Valley. The company performs classic, contemporary and cutting-edge dance with virtuosity, energy, and artistic excellence. Central West Ballet’s collective talents provide the opportunity and give us the responsibility to challenge, stimulate, educate, entertain, and thereby enrich our audiences.
Central West Ballet Executive Director
Central West Ballet’s Executive Director is expected to:
• Be an established and experienced leader whose record demonstrates a commitment to and consistent delivery of the highest standard of quality. Be knowledgeable within the field of ballet, or willing to immerse himself or herself in understanding the world of dance.
• Work in partnership with the Artistic Director to set and maintain a collaborative leadership model that will strengthen the organization by creating a positive, mutually supportive working relationship between the administrative and artistic sides of the organization. This includes supporting the Artistic Director’s vision for the organization.
• Create a positive, highly focused/disciplined, and dynamic working environment for all.
• Be involved in the Modesto community, maintain a public persona as a community ambassador and dynamic fund-raising face of the company.
• Partner with the Artistic Director in leading the strategic planning process and be responsible for the fiscal realities on a rolling season production schedule.
• Central West Ballet seeks an Executive Director who wishes to participate actively in working with the Artistic Director, Board and development professionals to participate in major solicitations and donor cultivation.
• Manage and pro-actively support the company’s Academy by working closely with the Academy Director and staff and insure consistent standards. While not directly responsible for hiring or supervising of Academy faculty or Academy operations, the Executive Director will be expected to meet regularly and work closely with the Academy Director to provide an efficient environment.
Click on the link below to download more information of General Duties, Development and Responsibilities:
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The compensation package will be developed to meet the candidate’s experience and capabilities.
Send letters of interest and resumes no later than March 1, 2016 by mail (address Below) or electronically through e-mail to
References are appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration,
Hugh Rose III
Board of Directors of Central West Ballet.
CENTRAL WEST BALLET
5039 Pentecost Drive
Modesto, CA 95356
Ph: (209) 576-8957
Fx: (209) 576-1308